Thursday, February 12, 2009

MRT Ride

I was riding the bus from Ballota to Simei MRT. I am on the window seat and was wearing my white polo giordano shirt, the one with Pooh and Tigger in the left breast pocket. This shirt is somewhat small for me now. If I stretch upwards, my belly would show up. So I figure, I should wear my ibm jacket to hide my belly. Just like that, I was suddenly wearing my jacket.

As I am nearing my stop, my high school friends were there inside the bus, talking to me and asking me where I was going. I told them I am going to Christian's wedding and I am badly needed there and I cannot go with them for gimmick.

I got off at the MRT station and went ahead towards the escalator. There was a free newspaper (tabloid size) in one corner and I got a copy. We have this newspaper here that is half English and half Chinese. The newspaper I picked up is similar to that one but with Tempo on the first half and some generic tabloidal newspaper on the next half. I told myself, this is pretty cool, we are getting more efficient and saving paper too.

So I proceed to the next escalator going to the platform. I am busy reading the newspaper and am very amused by the innovation. When I reached the platform, I noticed that I am on the wrong side. The train that I am supposed to ride is on the other platform. In order for me to get there, I would need to go down one level again and go up on the other side. I figured it was the newspaper's fault. As I was heading down, I saw my train fast approaching.

I plowed myself through the crowd. Pushing everyone in front of me. I slid down the escalator, action star style and with finesse. Continuing my pushing and shoving, I rushed to the escalator going back to the correct platform. I reached the correct platform now but the train closed it's door and is now moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment