Friday, January 30, 2009

A garden and a train.

You and I were on a holiday in an oriental place. Part of the tour brought us to a huge garden, a botanical park. Faces in the tiny crowd included people from the past and present. Some called friends, other just familiar.

At one point of the tour I started to get tired, decided to wander off ahead of the group. Began to descend stairs and soon realised I've exited the park. Figured you'd catch up later, and wouldn't mind me going ahead to home. I wanted to sleep.

Got to the stairs going to the train. Saw the train arriving and got on. Saw the platform had a sign with an airplane icon as the train doors closed. As the train moved away, I realised I was on the wrong train.

Got off at the next stop, platform signs directed me to trains going to the "supermarketplace and people's park". Walked down stairs along with a crowd of people, commuter flow during rush hour.

I worried how I can access the correct platform to ride the train back to where you were, I had no ticket access. Reassured myself that it was going to be okay, I'll use my credit card to buy a ticket. I have no local currency.

Still descending stairs, and as I reached the bottom I found myself in a clearing. Recognised it as the entrance to the pakr that I had left earlier. Saw a crowd of people coming from stairs, familiar faces walked past. I didn't talk to anyone, I just wanted to find you. I was worried you would be worried by now.

Finally saw your face up the stairs in the sea of people. Waved my hand and saw you smile. As you reached the bottom of the stairs I ran towards you and grabbed your hand, dragged you away saying "Hurry I have something to tell you". Saw a sculpture of the Opera House at the stair banister. "Hey look at that", I say. "Ah that's nice", you say. Thought about snapping a photo, but thought no, I had to tell you what happened before I forget. Recounted what happened to me on the train. Then asked you, "Why whould it be the wrong direction if you live near the airport?"

No comments:

Post a Comment