Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A nightmare

I'm in my high school. Someone was looking for me, and I was told he was going to kill me. I saw him prowling the school grounds, and I ran looking for a place to hide. While evading him, I managed to leave the high school building and run towards the grade school building. I went directly to the coordinator's office... he was my sixth grade advisor and mathematics teacher. I told him someone was going to be looking for me, and could I please hide under the desks. While I slide under the desks, I went on to suggest to the nearby teacher, she was my math teacher in freshman year, to tell the person looking for me that I've already gone to holidays for the rest of the year. As I waited under the desk, people from my high school came and went.

I am between library catalog panels. I could hear people chatting and giggling in the next aisle, so I risked it and tiptoed to see who they were. I saw old classmates from high school and grade school, they were flicking through yearbooks. I saw my oldest friend (who is now in New Jersey), and I whispered "loudly" to her, asking her to come near. I told her the name of the person trying to kill me, realising it was one of my batchmates (E.C.). For some reason I saw his full name flash before my eyes, and I suddenly knew he was mentally unstable, and capable of killing.

A note arrived in that room: it was a freakishly-written letter, saying there was a bomb planted in our building. I started trying to kick open the windows, they were tempered glass. We were trapped inside. Guys with guns circling the building, we can see them through the glass. We figured we'll survive this ensuing massacre if we hid among the falling colourful foam shapes from the ceiling. I tried to keep myself in the middle of all the foam shapes, avoiding gunfire. I saw some on our side defending themselves from the hostiles by leaping and making 360 turns while kicking in the air, hitting a soft spot in the killer's body. And apparently, these killers now have wings?

I realised then that I was in an indoor compound, where everyone inside is dead, but walking. I saw friends, my neighbour friends M and C were there. We all knew we were dead, but we had knowledge that we were going to be sent back to the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment